Can I be officially adopted by my mother’s husband, in Israel, even though I am in my twenties, if my biological father in Russia cut off contact when we left.


Possibly, through a joint application for legal adoption at the family court, the success of which will depend on the circumstances! If for example, you were a young child when your mother remarried, and her second husband has been a father-figure to you, consistently over the years, the greater your chances. An attempt will be made to establish contact with your biological father and ascertain his viewpoint , as part of the legal process, and the State’s response (represented by the General Custodian) will also be required. Our law practice has experience in adult adoption proceedings.

Main Topic