Can we, as paternal grandparents, living outside of Israel bring legal action to see our Israeli grandchildren if their mother (our deceased son's ex-wife) is unco-operative? We are English speakers and don't know Hebrew and how to go about this.


Yes! In the relevant Israeli legislation, there is specific provision whereby the parents of a deceased parent can apply for contact with their grandchildren. The application is automatically dealt with as a dispute resolution process at the court's assistance unit, as a first port of call, but the application of course, would need to be filed, in Hebrew, via legal counsel in Israel, who would represent you.

Israel is bound by international law on children's rights and, is therefore, committed to fostering minors' relationships with their extended family.